Retail translation success story
As one of the world’s leading retail clothing brands, our client needed a translation partner to create brand integrity across cultures. After a year-long search, the client chose Acclaro for our ability to adapt nuanced creative content and our proven experience with global retail fashion websites. We helped them open their first continental European store through adapting the website, marketing materials, training materials, and legal content. Now, through our ongoing successful relationship, target audiences in France, China, and Japan experience a singular voice from one of America’s most classic brands.
Working on an aggressive timeline, our client sought a localization team that could handle a variety of hurdles:
- Work from decentralized client departments, each with unique linguistic and technical requirements
- Advertising copy relies extensively on colloquial expressions that don’t translate directly across cultures
- Wide range of content types coming from the international website, eLearning programs, to in-store marketing assets
- Product catalog stored in a homegrown CMS not designed for managing international content
We provided around-the-clock translations with concierge-level service, including:
- Integration with client catalog management system for highly coordinated hand-offs with the design team
- Working with client’s in-country PR agency to collaborate on creative assets
- Working directly within client’s existing translation management platform
- Customized processes for each department while overlaying a common set of standards and style guidelines
Highlights & results
Taking one language at a time, we coordinated our client’s digital teams and marketing groups for successful European and Asian launches. The brand now enjoys a thriving international brand presence with one creative voice.
To find your brand voice across cultures, contact Acclaro today.