Localization project manager (Bangkok, Thailand)
Job opportunity at Acclaro. Apply today.
Acclaro is a translation service and platform that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Through a fine-tuned process, top industry talent and leading technologies, we make a long-term investment in our clients’ global brands.
Working in over 125 languages and with offices around the globe, Acclaro helps clients open new markets and gain a competitive edge by expertly adapting their brands and products with fast, high-quality translations.
With expansion of offshore production, Acclaro is seeking professional talent to join its Bangkok team as a Localization Project Manager. The position plays a key role in staffing resources around the globe for localization/translation projects, communicating schedule changes, handling purchase orders and invoices, tracking and managing to ensure good quality and on-time delivery. This role will assist U.S. Project Managers in these functions for large localization projects and may also manage smaller projects independently from start to finish.
- Line up production resources to meet project requirements and deadline
- Monitor progress of scheduled tasks
- Communicate instructions, schedule changes and issue resolutions to project teams in the U.S.
- Create and distribute purchase orders through system
- Check production invoices against purchase orders and investigate any discrepancies
- Manage some localization projects independently
- Thai nationality
- Strong English communication skills, especially verbal and written
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and work independently on multiple ongoing tasks
- Strong MS Office skills and aptitude to quickly learn new software applications
- Experience with TM tools and MS Project are preferred
- Minimum two years of working experience in project management function
- One or more years of experience in the translation or localization industry is highly desirable
- Good work ethic with strong problem solving skills and able to manage aggressive timelines under different time zones
- Ability to work under high pressure and in a dynamic environment
Acclaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.