Localization engineer (Bangkok, Thailand)
Job opportunity at Acclaro. Apply today.
Acclaro is a translation service and platform that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Through a fine-tuned process, top industry talent and leading technologies, we make a long-term investment in our clients’ global brands.
Working in over 125 languages and with offices around the globe, Acclaro helps clients open new markets and gain a competitive edge by expertly adapting their brands and products with fast, high-quality translations.
With the expansion of our offshore production, Acclaro is seeking professional talent to join its Bangkok team in the position of Localization Engineer. The position will work on all aspects of the localization cycle, from analyzing client source files and sales support, preparing localization kits and building localized applications to providing support to linguists during the testing phase. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international organization with an advanced level of training and career advancement opportunities.
- Prepare files for translation
- Engineering files after translation (verify syntax…)
- Prepare instructions for translators and project manager
- Work with Translation Memory tools
- Provide input on localization process and tools
- Work with graphic and publishing (MS Word/PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop/InDesign)
- Work with multimedia projects (StoryLine, Captivate)
- Screen capturing for testing projects
- Implement automated script e.g. AutoHotkey, macro, etc.
- Create test scripts for testers
- Test leads for testing projects
- Support tester for testing projects
- Software and website testing by following test cases
- Report bugs in the bug system
- Bug fixing
- Computer Science, IT or MIS degree, or equivalent experience
- Two to three years of experience in the IT business
- Experience in localization or within the following functions is highly desirable: Localization Engineer, Tester, Software QA
- Good computer, IT, software and hardware knowledge
- Can communicate in English, particularly written English
- Team player, punctual, self-learner and able to follow instructions
- Problem solver, independent and fast learner
- Detailed, organized with an eye for spotting errors
- Good work ethic
- Has work hour flexibility for overtime or shift work
- Experience developing multilingual software and websites
- Knowledge of graphic and publishing applications e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of multimedia and eLearning applications e.g. Adobe Flash
- Understands testing concepts
- Knowledge of localization tools such as MemoQ, Lokalise, XTM, Smartling
- Experience with website and software development such as WordPress, Drupal, Craft CMS
- Knowledge of programming language syntax such as Regular Expression, AutoHotkey, VP script, C#
Acclaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.