Product manager (remote)
Job opportunity at Acclaro. Apply today.
Acclaro is a translation service and platform that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Through a fine-tuned process, top industry talent and leading technologies, we make a long-term investment in our clients’ global brands.
Working in over 125 languages and with offices around the globe, Acclaro helps clients open new markets and gain a competitive edge by expertly adapting their brands and products with fast, high-quality translations.
Acclaro is seeking a Product Manager to collect and define requirements for industry-leading Translation productivity and cost savings tool experiences for our clients. In addition to defining product and platform feature sets, the Product Manager will be responsible for managing effective software development, sprint planning and cross-market go-to-market initiatives.
As Product Manager, you will be working with customers, prospects, project managers, localization engineers, linguists, resource managers and quality assurance engineers. You will become an expert at supporting and recommending improvements to Acclaro’s current set of digital products including the My Acclaro portal, Acclaro API and our various CMS apps, plugins and connectors.
The team utilizes an Agile project management framework that includes detailed code reviews, automated unit testing and dedicated staging environments. In-depth knowledge of localization Translation Memory and Computer Aided Translation technologies is required for this role.
Programming skills are not required, but a strong knowledge of software development, QA and API methodologies is required.
Location: Remote, must be able to work within U.S. time zones
Reports to: VP of Technology
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders – Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Localization Engineering, Linguists, Clients and Partners – to grow and enhance our translation tool technology and integration solutions
- Lead end-to-end product development, including market research, gathering and processing internal and external feedback, managing a product portfolio, defining the problem, eliciting and validating requirements, and working with development teams to design and implement solutions in an agile way
- Make good economic decisions about the product(s) and associated development
- Manage all planning activities related to the product(s)
- Leverage Product Management skills to build new and enhance existing platform functionality
- Take ownership of the product backlog
- Develop well documented software product management roadmaps, processes and requirements documentation
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- 2+ years of localization experience
- Capable of synthesizing a vision for the product(s) and leading the team in realizing the vision
- Deep experience eliciting, documenting, and validating requirements
- Ability to make decisions on timeline, scope, and budget tradeoffs
- Excellent negotiating and consensus-building skills
- Accountable for delivering excellent business results
- Experience managing APIs and API integrations
- Understanding of latest trends and integrations related to Machine Translation
- Excellent communication skills
- Writing technical documentation in English
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hands on experience with Translation Memory and Computer Aided Translation tools
- Understanding of localization service provider workflows
- Functional knowledge of Translation Review workflows and linguistic quality standards
- Programming skills
Acclaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.