Brazilian Portuguese creative linguist (Latin America, remote)
Job opportunity at Acclaro. Apply today.
Acclaro is a translation service and platform that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Through a fine-tuned process, top industry talent and leading technologies, we make a long-term investment in our clients’ global brands.
Working in over 125 languages and with offices around the globe, Acclaro helps clients open new markets and gain a competitive edge by expertly adapting their brands and products with fast, high-quality translations.
In this full-time role, the creative Brazilian Portuguese linguist will be a primary contributor to one of Acclaro’s largest programs. Content is focused on the entertainment industry and will include multiple types of creative assignments such as marketing, PR, and titles. Assignments include, but are not limited to, translation, edit/review, and QA. The Brazilian Portuguese creative linguist proactively participates in all phases of the localization process offering linguistic input and solutions as appropriate.
- Contribute to the maintenance of glossaries, translation memories and style guides
- When translating, assure quality of his/her translation by performing thorough research and ensuring consistency with available references
- When editing, ensuring the quality of the translation meets quality standards and provides feedback, as appropriate, to translation team
- Proactively raises linguistic queries
- Collaborate with other team members in brainstorming creative ideas
- Accountable for his/her work, while also working in and promoting a positive team environment
- Full-time availability in Pacific Time hours
- At least five years of experience translating
- At least five years of experience in editing and TM tools required
- Native speaker fluency in Brazilian Portuguese with excellent verbal and written command English. Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry in the Brazilian market
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required in languages, cultures, or translation; advanced degree preferred
- Self-sufficient, can work independently
- Can self-review and edit
- Creative writing, transcreation and/or copywriting experience a plus
Working at Acclaro Inc. brings the world to you. As an international translation and localization firm, we work with global brands to give them an authentic voice in key language markets. As an employee at Acclaro, we help you succeed in a dynamic, multi-cultural, open environment. Fast-paced Acclaro places you in the middle of a vibrant industry, where your personal style and world-savvy experience allows you to grow as we grow.
Acclaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.