Acclaro is a translation service and platform that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Through a fine-tuned process, top industry talent and leading technologies, we make a long-term investment in our clients’ global brands.
Working in over 125 languages and with offices around the globe, Acclaro helps clients open new markets and gain a competitive edge by expertly adapting their brands and products with fast, high-quality translations.
The Localization Engineer is a cross-functional technical role supporting the production process for software, website, multimedia and publishing projects. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international organization with advanced level of training and career advancement opportunities.
- Prepare various file types for translation process in TMS/CAT tools
- Write scripts to automate processes, including file parsing/post-processing/workflows in conjunction with commercial CAT tools and TMSs
- Post process files after translation
- Support project team of linguists and project managers throughout the translation process
- Manage Translation Memories
- Provide input on localization process and tools
- QA deliverables to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Provide technical support to sales and operations teams
- Support of end-to-end translation workflow with CMS connectors, including the use of the Acclaro and/or CMS API
- Work closely with Product team to report and test fixes for bugs found by product users
- Provide analyses and quotes for projects
- Computer Science, IT or MIS degree, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with world languages
- Experience in localization or within the following functions is highly desirable: Localization Engineer, Tester, Software QA
- Demonstrated scripting abilities
- Problem solver, fast learner of new tools and technologies
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience working with commercial CAT and TMS tools such as memoQ, Memsource, Smartling, Lokalise Transifex, SDL Trados
- Knowledge of standard file formats and their syntax, e.g. XLIFF/XML/HTML/JS/JSON/PROPERTIES/YML
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Contentful, Craft
- Knowledge of Postman and testing REST APIs
- Knowledge of graphic and publishing applications e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of multimedia and e-learning applications e.g., Adobe Flash
- Understanding of testing concepts
- Experience supporting Machine Translation workflows
- Experience with website and software development
Acclaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
Please submit your application here.