Acclaro is a translation service and platform that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Through a fine-tuned process, top industry talent and leading technologies, we make a long-term investment in our clients’ global brands.
Working in over 125 languages and with offices around the globe, Acclaro helps clients open new markets and gain a competitive edge by expertly adapting their brands and products with fast, high-quality translations.
The Localization Engineer is a cross-functional technical role supporting the production process for software, website, multimedia and publishing projects. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international organization with advanced level of training and career advancement opportunities.
- Prepare various file types for translation process in TMS/CAT tools
- Write scripts to automate processes, including file parsing/post-processing/workflows in conjunction with commercial CAT tools and TMSs
- Post process files after translation
- Support project team of linguists and project managers throughout the translation process
- Manage Translation Memories
- Provide input on localization process and tools
- QA deliverables to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Provide technical support to sales and operations teams
- Support of end-to-end translation workflow with CMS connectors, including the use of the Acclaro and/or CMS API
- Work closely with Product team to report and test fixes for bugs found by product users
- Provide analyses and quotes for projects
- Computer Science, IT or MIS degree, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with world languages
- Experience in localization or within the following functions is highly desirable: Localization Engineer, Tester, Software QA
- Demonstrated scripting abilities
- Problem solver, fast learner of new tools and technologies
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience working with commercial CAT and TMS tools such as memoQ, Memsource, Smartling, Lokalise Transifex, SDL Trados
- Knowledge of standard file formats and their syntax, e.g. XLIFF/XML/HTML/JS/JSON/PROPERTIES/YML
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Contentful, Craft
- Knowledge of Postman and testing REST APIs
- Knowledge of graphic and publishing applications e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of multimedia and e-learning applications e.g., Adobe Flash
- Understanding of testing concepts
- Experience supporting Machine Translation workflows
- Experience with website and software development
Please submit your application here.