It’s time to break out the Quinceañera cake because Acclaro turns 15 this year! Founded in 2002, Acclaro was hypothesized over a sushi lunch among industry peers and has since grown into a translation and localization powerhouse with offices from coast to coast and around the world.
Our goal since day one? To make the world a little smaller.
In the years since Acclaro’s inception we’ve helped many companies, from start-ups to household name brands, expand their business globally. One thing has always remained the same: our personal, human touch in everything we do. Our number one goal in an ever changing world of translation technologies and innovations is to make everyone’s life a little easier and the world a little smaller.
And how the world has changed! Let’s take a step back in time to 2002 and look at what DIDN’T exist back then:
- Most of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, even MySpace
- iPhones, iPads, Amazon Echo, smart watches and other similar gadgets
- Popular internet browsers such as Safari, Chrome and Firefox
- Google Maps (how did we get around before?)
- Google Translate (we’re not too mad about this one)
- Words like “binge-watch”, “Google”, “apps”, “selfie”, “tweet”, “Staycation”
- Millie Bobby Brown from Netflix’s Stranger Things
A lot has happened and changed in the last decade and a half! At Acclaro, we’ve had 13 employees celebrate 10 years with the company, serviced clients in 6 continents in over 100 languages, developed our My Acclaro translation management platform as well as numerous translation plugins and connectors. With much more to come!