Job Description: Software Developer
Acclaro is an established translation and localization company with offices in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We’re focused on developing technology driven solutions which empower our global team to meet our world class clients’ product and content localization needs.
We are actively seeking an experienced PHP & MySQL developer who can support the product evolution of our API, our web portal and 3rd party platform apps, plugins and service integrations. This is an exciting role that will involve new feature development for our clients and staff. It will also include first line client API integration support, technical sales support and future feature requirements gathering.
The Software Developer will manage the back-end and front-end code that drives our Acclaro API, My Acclaro web portal and 3rd party platform content management integrations. This role involves balancing agile new feature development with maintenance of current production functionality. It requires the ability to architect system data workflows based on UI designs that you will provide constructive feedback on prior to coding. In-depth knowledge of localization technology is not required for this role, but a passion to develop software that enables our clients to expand their businesses globally is a must-have.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Operations, Clients and Partners to grow and enhance our technology driven solutions.
- Leverage Database, Web Services and API know how to build new and adapt existing 3rd party content connectors.
- Develop software with the appropriate degree of quality, security, scalability, performance, contingency planning and documentation.
- Respond to customer support needs in a timely and professional manner, especially for the occasional Tier 1 support issues that arise.
- Manage software configuration and version control with a dedication to ensuring client satisfaction in our solution quality remains high at all times.
- Advise the team on latest trends in translation service technologies, content management systems and web services.
- 5+ years experience in Database, Web services, API development with a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design.
- Proficient in MySQL, PHP & jQuery with commercial product development experience.
- Familiar with web server and public cloud providers (Apache, Google, AWS, Azure).
- Basic knowledge of translation technology tools and CMS systems such as as WordPress and Drupal.
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills in English.
Please forward your resume, your proudest personal software development success story and LinkedIn profile page to firstname.lastname@example.org.