Localization Program Manager – Help Businesses Go Global
Do you love languages? Does your heart beat faster when thinking about working with an international team? Do you get excited when interfacing with both Fortune 500 and up-and-coming, trendsetting San Francisco Bay Area companies? We have a job for you doing all three of these things. Welcome to Acclaro.
Acclaro is an established translation and localization company with offices in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We’re 70+ employees from around the world, speaking dozens of languages, helping hundreds of businesses go global. View a sampling of our projects and client list.
The Program Manager is a challenging role that combines the skills of a master juggler, expert localization adviser, and critical thinker all wrapped into one position. Aside from managing a portfolio of accounts and supervising complex translation projects from initial kick-off to completion, the manager supervises four to seven project managers and is responsible for increasing customer engagement, account profitability and overall revenue potential.
- Manage numerous external clients and their respective projects. Translation projects cover a wide range of industries, including retail, health, tech, security, analytics, entertainment, music and more.
- Train, manage and mentor an internal team of project managers; work with international support staff
- Ensure client satisfaction and project progression
- Represent Acclaro presenting at face-to-face client meetings, which include mid-level and executive stakeholders
- Use best judgment to troubleshoot, solve and when needed, escalate project-related issues
- Define and customize large-scale client translation and localization programs, with the ultimate goal of helping a business “go global”
- Craft and drive internal and external processes to provide out-of-this-world client service
- Offer transparency, accessibility and accountability to clients and internal team for all projects
- Five to ten years experience in external client services at a localization or similar agency
- Experience managing multiple direct reports
- University degree or demonstrable equivalent in languages, marketing, communication, business or technology
- Demonstrated experience with managing programs from start to finish
- Stellar oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and awareness of cross-cultural issues
- Resourceful, creative, well-organized with an ability to prioritize and proactively offer solutions
- Instinct to know when to think out of the box or when to follow established processes Leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong computer skills, including project management software
- Experience in the translation/localization industry a plus
- Multilingual and/or life experience abroad a big plus
Please forward your resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.