Job Description: Lead Localization Engineer
The Lead Localization Engineer is involved in all aspects of the localization process, from analyzing client source files, preparing localization kits and building localized applications to providing support to linguists during the testing phase. The Lead Localization Engineer is responsible for communicating issues to the Project Team and taking the lead on finding solutions to these issues. The Lead Localization Engineer may work alone on projects or with a team of localization engineers depending on the magnitude of the project.
The Lead Localization Engineer possesses extensive knowledge of localization tools and Localization Industry standards.
The lead localization engineer will be expected to jump into different tech scenarios with each account and quickly figure out simple and elegant solutions
- Define project requirements and prepare loc kits in collaboration with client.
- Analyze and quote projects for existing clients.
- Define Quality Assurance requirements on projects.
- Create instructions for translators.
- Manage TMs (entire project).
- Prepare software and web applications for localization.
- Re-engineer files after translation (GUI resizing, syntax verification …).
- Set-up build environment, build and debug localized applications.
- Work with testers and linguists to resolve issues during testing.
- Coordinate tasks assigned to resources.
- Monitor engineering schedule on projects.
- Participate in regular status meeting with client.
- Define localization process and select tools.
- Create scripts/programs to automate processes.
- Quickly develop ad-hoc solutions for customer integrations (Each of our customer has unique needs).
- Support / Mentor Localization Engineers.
- Constantly reassess processes, to ensure the optimal solutions are in place.
- 4+ years of experience in Localization industry.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive Knowledge of SDL Trados, Alchemy Catalyst, Passolo, MemoQ (required).
- Extensive technical knowledge of Localization Tools and Localization Standards.
- Knowledge of XML technology.
- Knowledge of programming languages syntax such as Java, C++, C#, etc.
- Knowledge of internet related technology (.NET, HTML, XML, PHP, ASP).
- Excellent communication/people skills including the ability to convey technical information to a cross-functional team including client technical and non technical resources.
- Programming/scripting experience (VB, C++, Perl, Python or equivalent).
- A strong desire to learn new tools processes and concepts.
- Experience with other TM tools (SDLX, RCWintrans, etc).
- Experience with Web and Multimedia localization.
- Experience with Desktop Publishing localization.
- Experience with managing software localization testing projects.
- Foreign language skills and experience with double-byte/bidirectional languages highly desirable.
- Familiarity with SQL databases and content management systems
Please forward your resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.