Job Description: Japanese Language Lead
The Language Lead holds the overall responsibility for the linguistic quality of the localized product. Not limited to translation or QA, he/she proactively participates in all phases of the localization process offering linguistic input and solutions as appropriate.
- Analyze linguistic requirements and strategy for client projects.
- Provide support in quoting, pricing, and scheduling.
- Create and maintain glossaries, translation memories and style guides.
- Assure quality of finalized product by ongoing review, support and feedback to translators, editors, and QA specialists.
- Act as chief liaison in interface with client terminologists, reviewers, and localization support staff.
- Take the lead on linguistic issues at client/project meetings.
- Collaborate with other language leads in resolving issues that affect all project languages.
- Production work (e.g. translation, editing, QA).
- Native speaker fluency in Japanese with excellent verbal and written command of both Japanese and English.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; advanced degree preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in localization, terminology management, quality control, and TM tools required.
- Supervisory and/or resource management experience a plus.
To apply, please email your CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Japanese Language Lead” in the subject field.