Global Program Manager
Do you love languages? Does your heart beat faster when thinking about working with an international team? Do you get excited when interfacing with both Fortune 500 and up-and-coming, trendsetting San Francisco Bay Area companies? We have a job for you doing all three of these things. Welcome to Acclaro.
Acclaro is an established translation and localization company with offices in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We’re 70+ employees from around the world, speaking dozens of languages, helping hundreds of businesses go global. View a sampling of our projects and client list.
The Global Program Manager is a strategic, client facing role responsible for leading the global production and account success for a portfolio of accounts. The Global Program Manager leads a distributed team of project managers, linguists and technical leads and is responsible for project/service delivery, account financials, building business relationships with customers, and customer satisfaction.
- Act as lead operations contact for customers; understand customers’ business objectives and guide team to solve challenges and deliver services to meet those needs.
- Define and customize client translation and localization programs, with the ultimate goal of helping clients achieve their global objectives.
- Lead global project team of project managers, linguists and technical leads in delivering exceptional customer service.
- Drive account-focused process initiatives to increase efficiencies through automation and continuous improvement.
- Provide localization expertise to guide clients on localization processes and best practices.
- Seek opportunities to increase revenue from existing clients.
- Responsible for customer retention and successful management of existing lines of business to support organic and profitable account growth.
- Serve as escalation point for client issues; lead prompt and thorough root cause analysis and issue resolution process.
- Own account financials.
- Oversee ongoing work across project team; provide day to day support for complex localization projects including translation and technical production services.
- Monitor performance against program SLA and KPIs.
- Lead account level meetings, client interactions, prepare and present QBRs.
- Troubleshoot, solve and when needed, escalate project-related issues to senior operations management.
- Offer transparency, accessibility and accountability to clients and internal team for all projects.
- Three to five years of experience in external client services at a localization or similar agency.
- Demonstrated experience managing localization projects and programs.
- Experience directly managing project managers with a focus on coaching and mentorship.
- University degree or demonstrable equivalent in languages, marketing, communication, business or technology.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and awareness of cross-cultural issues.
- Strong customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative and creative.
- Well-organized with an ability to prioritize and proactively offer solutions.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of localization tools, standards and translation processes.
Please forward your resume and qualifications to email@example.com.