Acclaro is a localization and translation services company that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Our agency specializes in expertly adapting brands, products and services to new language markets.
Due to continued growth, Acclaro is seeking a Software Developer to help enhance Acclaro’s customer portal, API services, and client integrations with a focus on UX and UI (frontend) development.
The Software Developer will report to the Acclaro VP of Product. Onboarding will include Acclaro localization business and technology training. The team utilizes Agile project management, with code reviews using pull requests with GitHub. Experience with Git and Agile are required.
A qualified candidate will have solid programming skills and the desire for continued learning.
This position is located in our Irvington, NY headquarters, but can be partially remote, aligning with fellow team member schedules to meet in the office as needed (typically 1 – 2 times per week).
Our Stack and Technologies:
- PHP 7.2+ / Laravel
- Single Page App Framework (React, Vue Preferred)
- Web services & APIs (RESTful / SOAP)
- HTML 5, CSS 3
- 2+ years experience developing on the LAMP stack
- 2+ years of relational databases and MySQL/MariaDB
- Exposure to integrating Web Services / External APIs
- Experience working with Git or other code repositories
- Experience working in environments use the Agile methodology
Beneficial, but not mandatory qualifications:
- Experience with deployment of applications/code
- Experience with compiled CSS using LESS, SASS, SCSS
- Experience in building components for JS applications and knowledge of npm, webpack, and similar
- Experience with development / CI applications such as Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub, etc
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Proficiency in managing systems within multiple sites including fail-over redundancy
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with basic Linux administration skills
- Bonus points for a demonstrable web portfolio with code and application samples
- Experience with QA Unit & Automated Testing including knowledge of frameworks such as PHPUnit & Selenium
- Support senior developers in executing successful releases
- Heavily contribute to building out standalone and integrated web-applications
- Offer post-production support following the release
- Estimate plans, schedules and technical design on assigned projects through the entire life cycle
- Develop/update web services, controllers and associated libraries/classes and data sources
- Analyze and optimize the performance of back-end service calls and rendering of pages in the browser
- Help ensure work products are delivered on-schedule and comply with best practices and standards
If this opportunity sounds like you, apply here!