Job Description: Bangkok Desktop Publishing Specialist
Acclaro is looking for a Desktop Publishing talent to join its Bangkok team. The position involves layout and format of help systems and documentation that have been translated into a variety of languages, graphics editing and working with a variety of translation memory tools. It involves a team-oriented approach, proficiency with DTP, UA, and graphics tools as well as an exceptional attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Leading and producing layout formatting including documents, print materials, multimedia, e-learning, HTML and Help content
- Editing, retouching, and graphic creation
- Project evaluation for cost and planning purposes
- Implement and modify work based on client feedback
- Create final output and verify quality
- Communicate with cross-functional team members on technical information and project administration matters
- Research new tools/techniques to support projects and/or to improve processes
- Prepare files for translation and other tasks on translation tool
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in related field, particularly in translation industry
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey technical information to a cross-functional team
- Hard working and team player. Can-do attitude and ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Advanced work experience with leading publishing/graphic tools – specifically with Adobe product (Photoshop/ InDesign/ FrameMaker/ Illustrator/ Acrobat). Microsoft Office (Word/ PowerPoint/ Excel).
- Experience with multimedia and e-learning tool such as Articulate and Storyline is a plus
- Advanced experience working with printing tools – Acrobat and PDF, Pitstop
- Intermediate work experience with help content authoring tool – RoboHelp, HTMLhelp or WebHelp
- Comfortable working with both Windows and MAC platform
- Knowledge of translation memory tools such as Trados or MemoQ is highly desirable
- Deep understand of localization cycles
- Good command of the English language
Candidates interested in applying for this position may send their resumes, current and expected salary to email@example.com. Walk in or phone in applicants will not be considered.