Vice president, technology (US, remote)
Job opportunity at Acclaro. Apply today.
Acclaro is a translation service and platform that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Through a fine-tuned process, top industry talent and leading technologies, we make a long-term investment in our clients’ global brands.
Working in over 125 languages and with offices around the globe, Acclaro helps clients open new markets and gain a competitive edge by expertly adapting their brands and products with fast, high-quality translations.
The Vice President of Technology will lead the planning, development and execution of all Technology strategies and initiatives at Acclaro. In partnership with the leadership team, the VP of Technology will align our technology with the company strategy and objectives for services, operational efficiency, and client experience. The VP of Technology will proactively engage with customers, internal teams, and external resources to continuously identify, develop, and deploy technology and product solutions.
As the head of the Technology department, you will combine technology, product, and process expertise with natural leadership skills to prioritize mentorship and growth within your team and throughout the company. You enjoy working with talented and driven individuals to accelerate business impact within a fast-growing company.
Location: Remote, must be able to work within U.S. time zones, specifically Eastern Time
Reports to: CEO & Founder
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of company-wide technology strategies and initiatives including management of the Product, IT, and Security teams
- Apply data to inform, calibrate, and change decisions including determining, measuring, and reporting KPIs for the Technology team
- Partner with the leadership team to implement OKRs and develop future growth plan
- Design, recommend, and customize technological systems and platforms to improve the customer experience
- Monitor and share changes or advancements in technology and engineering to discover ways Acclaro can gain a competitive market advantage
- Support the short-term and long-term financial and operational goals of Acclaro by supporting the successful delivery of initiatives and sustaining operational performance
- Oversee the security function for the company to ensure all security-related capabilities align with the Acclaro’s operations, client offerings and standards.
- Manage the development, testing, integration, deployment, and support of new and enhanced product offerings
- Work closely with Sales and Operations teams to engage with existing clients and prospective clients including quarterly business reviews, discovery calls, consulting, InfoSec compliance, and internal RFP and proposal development
- Oversee and manage the business software and systems platforms. Ensure integration across systems aligns with best-practice processes, with Acclaro’s business processes, financial measures, and related business functions
- Work with the Executive team to identify and potentially develop new products and/or services
- Collaborate with Finance to build, improve and manage technology-specific budgets and business models to support scale and revenue growth
- Partner with all teams to promote Acclaro internally and externally
- Attend and represent Acclaro and our technology at conferences, events, and educational programs
- Full-professional proficiency in English
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent military or professional experience
- 10+ years in diversified leadership roles implementing technology initiatives and/or driving revenue growth with proven experience developing and executing technology-related business strategies
- 5+ years of direct people management experience in IT, Product Development, and Engineering
- Experience managing an agile development process
- Ability to develop, manage, and implement a technology roadmap and portfolio
- Must have a proactive, collaborative, and motivated mindset
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- History of strategy planning and decision-making based on business metrics
- Inspirational leadership style combined with a hands-on approach
- Computer Science Degree, or MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- Experience working at a Language Service Provider or Localization Technology Company
- Experience with Product team management and process
- Experience in the consulting and/or professional services industry
- Experience reporting to C-Suite
- Experience with product development and management
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to solve complex problems with minimal guidance
Acclaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.
Power your strategic growth
Go beyond tactical localization with tailored, strategic solutions that resonate locally and drive growth globally.Get started