Translating a website into Hindi, German, Spanish and Arabic? No problem!
Acclaro makes the most complex technical challenges simple. And complex can be an understatement when you’re translating a website or software package into Hindi, German, Spanish and Arabic — simultaneously.
While our translation and localization services are executed and managed by people, technology helps make us more efficient. We deploy the latest industry tools and technologies to assist our professionals — reducing manual tasks, automating steps and inserting quality checks. This translates into quicker turn-around times, better quality and lower costs for our clients.
A few of our tools
Some of the technologies that have the greatest impact on our teams and clients include:
- Client portal: We offer our clients 24-7 access to our firm to request quotes, see project status or review budgets.
- Workflow automation: Our team uses specialized workflow tools to automate hand-offs between our global resources. This keeps the process moving quickly and minimizes the effort of running frequent updates to small projects.
- Terminology management: Using approved terminology is critical to smooth running localization projects. Our terminology management tools ensure that our global teams develop, maintain and apply the correct terms for your products and organization.
- Translation memory: Translation Memory technology is a core component in a translator’s toolbox. It creates an environment for the translator to work, saving every sentence that we translate in real-time to a database we maintain for each client. When the same or similar sentences appear in new versions of the client’s English text, the tool automatically recycles the translation or presents the translator with the previously translated sentence for editing. This greatly enhances the productivity of our translators, saving time and money for our clients while ensuring consistency and adherence to previously approved work.
- QA testing environments: We have invested in extensive infrastructure and tools for our QA Test labs. We maintain foreign language versions of all major operating systems and platform technologies to replicate our clients’ customer environments. These virtualized test environments enable us to efficiently deploy any configuration without significant setup at multiple stages of the project.
Technology in motion: An overview of our process
We begin the technical phase of each project by reviewing all localizable assets and defining project specifications. Depending on client need, we may also perform an international readiness assessment. Once we analyze files and detail our findings, our engineers begin separating language from code, and manage the process using automated change detection and management tools that enable system-wide content updates. As the project progresses, our technical leads oversee testing cycles that ensure the final product is a seamless linguistic replica ready for rollout.