Our Software Application Translation Services
Click here for
Acclaro provides complete software localization services to businesses expanding into new markets. We localize desktop, client-server, web and firmware applications — from engineering and translation to testing and managing in-country reviews.
Software Localization Defined
As our teams work to internationalize and localize software, they follow proven processes to prepare specific software types and components for launch. We group software services into the following areas:
- Software platforms: Learn about the software applications we localize — web, desktop, client server, firmware, mobile and more.
- Software localization process: Gain an overview of the steps in our software localization process.
- Software localization components: Examine the key components our teams localize during the life of a project.
- Software localization technologies: Learn which native file formats we support in our localization process and the technologies we employ to ensure consistency and efficiency throughout the project.
- Testing & QA: Find out how we run localized software through a rigorous testing & QA process to make sure the final product looks and function exactly as it should.
Learn More About Our Software Localization Services
Our teams have mastered complex international standards and draw on industry best practices and tools to successfully produce localized software. We group our software services in two broad categories:
- Internationalization: The process of designing (or re-engineering) software to support users in other locales and markets. This includes separating text from code, supporting local standards, such as date, time and currency, and handling Unicode or other character encoding standards for input, storage and display for the target locale. Internationalization creates a global product that is independent of any specific language and locale elements and is engineered to facilitate the localization process.
- Localization: The process of adapting a product to a specific market and language. This parallels the process for creating the English or source language original, and includes translating the text, as well as reformatting and testing the final product for the target language environment. Localization encompasses the entire product including software, help files, documentation, packaging and marketing material.
Regardless of the complexity of your software localization project, our teams are ready to work with you to bring your application to new language markets. Contact us today to discuss your next project or request a quote.